It's very quiet around our house from 8 - 3 these days. The kids are now both in school. 2nd grade and Kindergarten. Wow. It's kind of weird, a teeny sad, but also very nice. I'm in major project/nesting mode as I think about our new addition, which we are saying will probably arrive some time next summer. Randy thinks it will be spring, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
We are waiting on one more piece of paperwork to complete our dossier. Once we receive that, it's off to get final documents notarized, sealed and certified. (I think I hear Stevie Wonder singing . . . "signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours...":) Then, we send it to the agency, they take it to D.C. for the final approval, and it's off to Ethiopia. (I'm thinking it'll be at least another 6 weeks before it gets to D.C.)
In the meantime, my to do list consists of things like: painting a few rooms, landscaping, organizing our attic and closets, tackling all of the photos in boxes and on our hard drive and putting them into albums (don't imagine that really happening), reading a little, assisting my hubby with music stuff (organizing his office:), hanging out with the kids, volunteering in the Kindergarten and 2nd grade classes, and watching some Alabama football. Roll Tide.

No comments:
Post a Comment