I have a feeling that a lot of these posts are going to come from conversations with my five-year-old. Yesterday, I was online looking at other families' blogs (ones who've adopted from Ethiopia).
There was one picture of a family who'd adopted three children, and Jonah sees it and says, "Oh, Mom. I hope they didn't get our kid!" :)
I explained that no, they had not "gotten our kid." He then, half stating and half asking, "Mom?
When our little brother gets here, he can stay forever. He doesn't ever have to leave."
Yes, it is the eternal playdate. :) "No, Jonah. He doesn't have to leave, because this will be his home, and we'll be his family."
On the subject of paperwork, we are so close to getting our home study finished. My friend is coming by to notarize a few more forms with us today, and hopefully we can take the rest of the necessary documents to our social worker tomorrow. Yippee.

No comments:
Post a Comment