Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Monday, April 21, 2008

This is my first blog...ever!  It took adopting a child from halfway around the world to get one going.  Maybe I'll have better luck with this than I have with scrapbooking.:)

In January, we submitted our application for adoption from Ethiopia to America World Adoption Agency.  It is almost the end of April, and we are in the middle of our homestudy.  Lots of phone
calls, filling out forms, notarizing, etc.  

Our kids, Livi (7) and Jonah (5), are really excited about the new addition, even though we keep reminding them that it will be a long time before their brother gets here.  We have requested a little boy, and his sister and brother are very anxious to buy him sippy cups, teach him stuff like
how to climb trees, color and go to the potty!  They're pumped up, to say the least.

Jonah is waking up, so I will save the story of how we got here (adopting a little fellow from Ethiopia) for my next post.


3 comments:

Meghan said...

I can't wait to hear more (even thought I know some of the story!) Thanks for sharing with me! Would love to swing by soon with Canaan.

Anonymous said...

I didn't even know about this!! YAAAAAAAAY THIS IS AMAZING!

Mike and I will be praying for you guys! what an amazing journey!!

awesome!

Lindsey Jones said...

I can't wait to meet this little guy! You guys are so amazing and I will be praying for you! Keep us updated on this journey!